Permanent contract, full-time, entry date: immediately
Application deadline: 13th October 2022
The CFAO is a strategic and operational thought partner to the CEO of LNS, and Board of Directors. He/she is responsible for managing the financial and administrative departments of the Laboratoire National de Santé such as Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Risk Management, Legal as well as Facilities and Logistics. He/she directly reports to the Chief Executive Officer. He/she effectively supports medical service activities.
- He/she interacts with the Director (CEO) and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) as well as all the Department heads of the medical units to provide support and guidance in terms of financial, legal, human resources, purchasing, administrative and technical/building issues.
- Participates as an observer in the board meetings, and reports on his domain of competence to the board.
- Proposes & organises the global strategy of LNS in terms of budget and human resources staffing.
- Oversees and ensures accuracy of the financial figures, monthly management reporting and annual accounts, as well as all regulatory reports and declarations.
- Coordinates financial management control, as well as the budget planning.
- Implements a budgetary discipline, lines of conduct, controls and the necessary internal procedures.
- Understands and manages financial risks of the establishment.
- Acts as a contact and negotiation partner for administrative and financial issues with the ministry of Health and the CNS in Luxembourg.
- Supports LNS strategy with adequate change management.
- Acts as focal point of contact between LNS and Staff delegation and negotiates collective labour agreements.
- Negotiates and updates contracts to be concluded by LNS in the domains related to her/his duties
- Optimises relations with suppliers and procurement processes.
- Manages the infrastructure of LNS (buildings, equipment, etc).
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in economics, finance or business administration; an MBA or equivalent is an advantage.
- 15 years of experience in administrative and financial management, more specifically in the domains of accounting, human resources and technical services.
- Experience in the domain of medical laboratory and/or interactions with government ministries and/or the Caisse National de santé would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of the financial management tools and specific features of accounting law, labour law, Luxembourg corporate law and public procurement.
- Experience in drafting legal contracts, contract management and supplier management.
- Corporate governance practice.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have sense of organisation, personnel integrity, leadership, as well as diplomacy.
- Must be flexible, prompt, available and reliable.
- IT skills: Proficiency in MS Office tools, accounting and management control software.
- Language skills: fluency in French and English are a must. German and Luxembourgish would be strong assets.