About the role
The primary responsibility of the CFO is to ensure the financial health of the LNS in addition to leading and developing its financial structure. This role will also involve leading the financial department with its units Controlling, Accounting, Invoicing and Purchasing. He/she directly reports to the Administrative and Financial Director (CFAO) and whilst assisting director, the Executive Committee (CoDir) and the LNS Board on overall operations, including strategic and tactical matters in support of the LNS’s main financial activities.
- Acting as a key tactical advisor to the CFAO, providing recommendations on the overall finance strategy, budgeting and forecasting, including long-term financial planning
- Supervising financial management, planning and control, including management of financial risks, reporting, accounting, cost controlling, treasury and financing, invoicing, purchasing and overall process improvement to achieve customer and overall stakeholder satisfaction
- Providing strategic recommendations to the board of directors
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Preparing the institution’s annual accounts (i.e. balance sheet, operating accounts, cash flow statements, etc.) whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory reports and filings
- Drawing up the necessary specifications for tendering procedures in compliance with public procurement legislation
- Monitoring and advising on financial risks while implementing adequate checks and balances, including procedures, control systems and impeccable contract management related to finance and overall operations
- Maintaining and further developing existing excellent relations with key LNS partners and stakeholders, such as Ministry of Health, Directorate of Health, CNS, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Consumer Protection, Ministry of Research and Higher Education, Ministry of Economy, auditors, banks, research institutions, etc. through strong personal credibility and a clear focus on the promotion of the LNS institutional interests
- Developing and implementing agreements with different partner organization at the national and international level (ministries and state administrations, public institutions, scientific institutes and others) in strong collaboration with the LNS legal advisor.
Background and Experience
- The role of CFO is senior, hence a high level of experience is expected for anyone applying for this role
- Master’s degree in a relevant area ideally including a solid accounting and audit background
- 5 years experience in finance, preferred would be any experience with finance in healthcare
- Perfect command of financial management and accounting, including relevant legal provisions in accounting and public tendering
- Skilled negotiator with outstanding personal presentation and integrity, coupled with the ability to persuade with diplomacy
- Easily approachable leader, with a reputation for flexibility, availability, reliability, and adaptability
- Strong engagement coupled with impeccable ethics as well as the ability to role model the LNS core values
- Mastery of MS Office tools and ERP software
- Professional proficiency in French & Luxembourgish is a must; fluency in English and German is an asset
What we offer
- Compensation package will up for negotiation
- Interesting challenge in the booming healthcare sector
- Attractive Learning and Development opportunities
- High professional standards and values
- Friendly and engaging work environment
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) by clicking on the application button below.
Applications will be processed in order of arrival. The utmost confidentiality will be granted to each application.